At the age of ten years, the subject of this notice came to Johnstown with his grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. John CLARKSON, and was accompanied by his brothers, John and George, the three boys having been left orphans. He was born in the County of Durham, England, in 1847. He attended the common schools here for a few years and then started to work for the Cambria Iron Company. Afterward he was a foreman of the mining department of Hawa cement mill, and then engaged in contracting, and for several years past, had been dealing in coal, operating the Horrocks mine, on Huber street in Conemaugh Borough. Mr. Brown served three years as a member of Johnstown Council from the Fourth Ward, and at the time of his death was Judge of Elections for that district. He is survived by his wife, a daughter of Mr. John PENDRY, to whom he was married about twenty-five years ago, and by his two brothers above named, both of whom are prominent and well-known residents of this city. His illness was of short duration, death resulting from a general breaking down of the system. His grandfather, Mr. CLARKSON, died in 1861, and Mrs. CLARKSON in 1864. Both are buried in Sandyvale Cemetery.