|You are here:  Cambria > Obituaries > KITTEL, Albert|
|Cambria Freeman, 24 Jul 1903, Contributed by Patty Millich|
|CHOKED TO DEATH|
Coroner Miller of Johnstown was called to Dunlo last week to investigate the death of Albert Kittel, a Polander, who died under most unusual circumstances.
Kittel was a miner and worked last Saturday until shortly after noon. He then went home and afterward in company with his wife went down town to do some shopping and attend to other business. At the grocery store Kittel paid his bill. When supper time came Kittel sat down to the table and was eating some roast beef when he choked suddenly. He left the table to get a drink of water and was just reseating himself when he fell forward on his face and died in a short while.
All kinds of reports were in circulation in Dunlo. It was said that the man had been murdered, that he had been poisoned by some enemy and that his death was self-caused. Doctor Miller was notified and went to Dunlo Sunday morning. After an investigation he ascertained that the death of Kittel was the result of strangulation.