|The following information is believed to be the SAME Site as the Revolutionary Grave Site:
Documentation: "The Benedictine Fathers in Cambria County Pennsylvania Part II The Mission by Rev. Modestus Wirtner, O.S.B. date 1930 pgs 276-77"
The Eckenrode Mill Village - This Indian village is located by the cemetery, one fourth of a mile south of Eckenrode's mill on the west side of the Chest Creek. All traces of the tombstones have been removed to make room for a baseball ground. Henry J. Link states that when he moved, 1871, onto his farm he found rows of corn stubbles in the dense forest of 40-50 feet tall pine trees, across the Chest creek east of his farm and close to the Kuntzman farm. This would not be a quarter of a mile south of the mill. About a mile south of the cemetery tradition says there was lead ore deposited in Chest creek some distance north of the township road.
The Litzinger Cemetery or Indian Village. This Indian cemetery, on the old Simon Litzinger farm, now owned by a Mr. Bloomberg, is reached by leaving the H. J. Eckenrode mill, formerly the Litzinger mill, for the north on the road leading to the Patton-Chest Spring cement road and is about a mile and a half distant in a bee line from the mill. Mr. Bloomberg states that there are 17 graves there on the high ground and located by four locust trees but all the stone markers were removed. According to one authority some of the graves are those of white people. An Indian encampment was reported by James Douglas as having been located on his farm through which the Kittanning Trail passed. There was seen there where several very old and tall locust trees stand a grave in former days but the head stone is now missing.