The Sheridan School was located
someplace around Sheridan Avenue in Johnstown's Oakhurst section.
It was built around 1900. It served as an overflow for the
overcrowded schools of the Johnstown School District.
The photo is from the "Johnstown
Tribune", dated November 2, 1925. It is unclear when this school
closed, but it probably wasn't too long the photo was taken. More
than likely, this and the "Old Chandler" one room school house were
closed and the students consolidated into the newer Chandler
Elementary School on Garfield Street.