Return to:  > Cambria County > Schools

The "Old" Chandler School

Strayer Street

Photo & text provided by Brian Ensley


It was a one-room school house located on Strayer Street in Morrellville. 
 
The photo was taken from microfilm of  the "Johnstown Tribune" issue of October 19, 1925.  The school was built in the mid 1880's for the Lower Yoder School system, and was assumed by Morrellville Borough when it consolidated in 1890, then again assumed by the City of Johnstown when Morrellville merged with the City in 1897. 

To offer comments or contribute material to the Cambria Schools Pages - contact: Don Varner
Last Updated