|You are here: Cambria > Books > History of Cambria County, V.2|
|History of Cambria County, V.2|
|512||HISTORY OF CAMBRIA COUNTY.|
ville; born July 10, 1827, and died at Johnstown, April 7, 1904. Her father, Thomas Dixon, born in 1795, and died in 1848, married Jane Barclay-Wilson, October 25, 1821. Their children were: Margaret C., intermarried with James Wilhelm; Jane, married to Levi Young; Rebecca Ellen; Nancy, married to John A. Stitt; Sarah, married to James L. Shields; Thomas, and David L. Dixon. David Dixon, the father of Thomas had two sons and four daughters--Thomas and David; Nancy, who married a Mr. Crothers; Esther, Peggy and Jennie.
Jane Barclay was of Scotch-Irish lineage, born May 12, 1797, died at Blairsville, September 17, 1868. She was the elder daughter of Alexander and Annie Martin Barclay, and married James Wilson about 1817, who died in one year, leaving her and a son, James Wilson. Annie Martin was a native of Ireland, who came to Philadelphia in 1796, and married Alexander Barclay at the home of her sister, Mrs. David Porter; in 1804 they located on a farm in Indiana county. They had five children--Jane, John, James, Alexander, and Nancy intermarried with John McFarland.
Henry Wilson Storey, son of William Sloan and Rebecca E. Dixon, born in Blairsville, March 31, 1851, resides in Johnstown. He came to Conemaugh in 1860, and removed to Johnstown in 1879. He married Abbie Doty Douglass, a daughter of Samuel Douglass, born November 5, 1809, died in Johnstown May 23, 1881, and Abbie Doty, born January 29, 1818, and died March 6, 1877.
H. W. and Abbie D. Storey have four children: Mary Douglass, born June 25, 1876; Percy Barclay, born December 28, 1881; Henry Wilson, Jr., born March 25, 1887; and Douglass Doty, born October 31, 1888.
JOHN McCORMICK, who resides near Wilmore, is the son of Patrick and Catherine McCormick. His father was born about 1805, in the parish of Ballymahon, County Longford, Ireland, and came to New York on July 12, 1826. His mother came from the parish of Ardagh, in the same county.
Patrick McCormick located in Wilmore in 1832, and seven years thereafter purchased the McCormick farm, where his elder son lives, and the younger Francis P. resides in Johnstown.
John McCormick, born January 14, 1847, married Lucinda Porter Kennedy, a daughter of Charles B. and Mary Porter Kennedy, who made their home at the head of Plane No. 4, now near Lilly. Six of their children lived to maturity and five are now living; Charles P., May, Othelia, John S. who died August 12, 1905, Jennie and Stella McCormick.
Mr. McCormick is a farmer and teacher. He is a careful student in historical events, and a reliable and accurate correspondent for newspapers.