You are here:   Cambria > Books > Souvenir of Loretto Centenary
Souvenir of Loretto Centenary

254SOUVENIR 

    The Finance Committee in the year 1862 was composed of the following:
REV. T. S. REYNOLDS, President.
JEROME DAWSON, Treasurer.
PHILIP HERTZOG.
THOMAS GALLAGHER.
JOHN BRADLEY, Secretary.


    Rev. Father (P. McC.) Morgan commenced as Assistant Pastor of St. Mary's Church, 15th October, 1864, at salary of $300 per annum.
    (NOTE.- The brick church was dedicated to the Blessed Virgin under the title of "St. Mary;" the original title, that of "St. Michael," patron of the parish from its foundation, was subsequently restored.)
1867. May 19.Indebtedness of St. Mary's Church,$1,100.00
1869. Jan. 7. " " " " " " 832.05

ITEMS FROM THE ACCOUNT BOOK OF RICHARD SCAN-
LAN, CONTRACTOR AND BUILDER OF THE
BRICK CHURCH.

    1853. May 20. P. Shiels got the postoffice. Paid him the postage -- 52 cts. in advance - on two papers from Pittsburg - "The Catholic," and "The Iron City."
EXPENSES OF SINKING A WELL AT NEW CHURCH - 1851.

Joseph Tomlinson and Peter Flick$6.00
Boarding same3.50
James Miller and Peter Melhorn8.00
" " " " " for boarding6.00
" " " " " walling well2.00
John and Richard Griffith21.00
" " " " for boarding4.00
" " " " for powder8.00


Previous page Cover Contents Image Next page

Last Updated: 30 Mar 2008
Copyright © 2000-2008, All Rights Reserved
Lynne Canterbury, Diann Olsen and contributors